Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Heart Nebula unmodded DSLR

Dec

Hi All,

Just after some advice. I have been imaging for about 4 months. I have recently tackled the heart nebula (see below) but have really struggled with detail despite getting 70 x 5min subs, with 50 x darks and 50 x bias.

I'm currently using an unmodded canon 70D DSLR with a 80mm APO triplet mounted on a NEQ6.

The question is, will getting my camera modded make a significant difference to the image. I am toying with the idea of getting it modded or bite the bullet and buy a cooled CCD camera.

Please excuse the over-processing, I'm a total novice when it comes to Photoshop. I'm sure someone more proficient would be able to tease more detail out of the image.

Any help/advice/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

03.10.2016 heart PS2 600s 6hrs best.tif

Looks just like it does down the eyepiece... maybe a shorter focal length to show all the nebula, I am sure the imaging forum members can suggest ways to extract more from the data... it's amazing to watch sometimes.

Cheers

peter

Thanks Peter....I was thinking the same when I first started imaging it. I'm limited with the kit I have but might invest in a focal reducer to get more of the nebula in.

Archived