Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25.thumb.jpg.f1d5d01d306644f613efd90ef96b314c.jpg

Ewan

Quark back log of data.

Apologies for uploading a lot of 'old' data, no time at the time to go through all of it & have only just done so.

Some ok some not so great but thought I would share them as our star is pretty quite at the moment with surface action.

Thanks for looking.

399.tif

Inverted AR.jpg

Inverted SOFTER.jpg

Active Region.jpg

Active Region.jpg

Part Inverted 1.jpg

Prom 1.jpg

Prom 2.jpg

Prom 3.jpg

• Like 7

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ewan
      Not many chances of Solar Imaging this year so far but caught this one.
      AR2741 from the 12th late afternoon
      AZEQ6-GT
      152mm Technosky Refractor @ f5.9
      135mm Baader D-ERF
      Daystar Quark Chromosphere + Eliminator
      PG IMX174
      5862 Frames, 4Ms 30 second capture @ 195Fps 1024 x 768 Mono16
      Best 45% Frames stacked in AS!3, ImPPG then tweaked in PS
      Atb

• By Owmuchonomy
      For sale is my Daystar Quark, Chromosphere version.  It has had infrequent use and I can't justify keeping it. Works superbly with my ED80.  It was purchased in July 2017 from Widescreen Centre so is still well within the 5 year warranty period.  I am looking for £625 posted to a UK mainland address.  Everything is complete in the box including instructions, USB cable and power adaptor.  Payment by bank transfer please.

• By Hughsie
      Last summer I spent a lot of time observing and imaging the sun with a WO Z61 and Quark Chromosphere. Recently I have acquired a WO Z103 and if the sun ever comes out I would like to use this refractor for imaging as well. Question I have is with the wider aperture of the Z103, is it safe to use with the Quark and is an energy rejection filter needed?
      I previously read that it should be ok up to c100mm without an ERF but I cannot see any reference to this on now on the Daystar website.
      Thoughts welcome.

• By Demonperformer
      For some time I have been considering the purchase of a quark solar eyepiece, but I can't decide which one! It comes in two brands: "prominence" and "chromosphere", apparently each one is used to look at different bits. But it seems to me that both of these form part of the Ha experience. Of course, the ideal solution would be to purchase both - but that is impractical for other (financial) reasons. So which of these options is the best for "general purpose" viewing/imaging? Don't know!
      So, quark-owners, which one did you buy and why?
      Thanks.
    • By Lowjiber
      It's been pretty darn slow around here in the desert southwestern US lately.  Yesterday, the cloud god gave us a reprieve.
      Here are two from the western limb from 5/18/2018...
      Thanks for the peek.
      Clear Skies

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.