Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Hey all, 
Here's a look at the Pleiades last night.

Canon 7d, 400mm at f5.6 ISO 1600. 
15*2 min
6*5 min

This focal length is starting to test the mount, plus it was a bit windy, so I threw away around 20% of the 2 min subs, and nearly half the 5 min subs (unguided).
Beautiful target though.

pleiades.jpg

• Like 6

yer agreed jazza, a lovely target. great image, well done.  thanks, charl.

Grear image. Well done. :) Saw them visually last night, but was too zonked out to get my scope out to view them alas.. 

28 minutes ago, jazza said:

Hey all, 
Here's a look at the Pleiades last night.

Canon 7d, 400mm at f5.6 ISO 1600. 
15*2 min
6*5 min

This focal length is starting to test the mount, plus it was a bit windy, so I threw away around 20% of the 2 min subs, and nearly half the 5 min subs (unguided).
Beautiful target though.

pleiades.jpg

Love this pic, great image

That's very nice. You have picked up the dust in the reflection nebula really well.

5 minutes unguided and a windy night! Very impressive result. :icon_salut:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By AstroRuz
      Managed to get an extremely rare clear sky last night, and although I had some rather bizarre equipment issues, I eventually fell back to using my Canon 80D (stock) as the imaging camera. I intended to use no filter but I forgot my IDAS NGS1 was fitted. So yeah, ended up using a filter on a reflection nebula!

75 x 120s, ISO 800, Canon 80D, Sky-Watcher Evostar 80ED, IDAS NGS1, Sky-Watcher EQ6-R Pro, APT, DSS & PS
      This was stacked without bias frames. It was also edited at 4am. So I'm restacking now that I've taken my bias and I'll go again at editing it. Maybe add some more time on it in the future perhaps. Oh, and tone that blue down a hair I think. I can see filter reflections also cus the stars are so bright. I hate that  
      Thoughts?
      Thanks for looking  

• By gorann
      This is 3.5 hours of data with the RASA 8 and ASI2600MC (105 x 2 min at gain 100, -10°C) on a NEQ6. There is apparently quite a bit of dust around M45 that I have not noticed before. I am pleased to see how deep this telescope/camera combination can go in a few hours. A dark site (Bortle 2-3) helps of course. Stacked in PI and mainly processed in PS, as usual.
      EDIT: I now added a second version of the image, inspired by Olly's reprocessing of his data, where I have sharpened the image more (mainly HiPass filtering and LCE in PS), getting closer to the limit of what the data can support.

• By KevinPSJ
      M45 Pleiades. Captured using Nikon D3200 at prime focus of Skywatcher 150P on EQ3-2 with RA motor tracking (no guiding). Total of 79 x 10s subs at ISO 800 aligned and stacked in DeepSkyStacker to give 7min 20s. Processed in StarTools.
      Thin and high cloud for some of the subs. Taken at 3:30am on Sunday morning Aug 30, 2020.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.