SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

It occured to me that I should share with you the timelapes of this year's Mercury transit as seen from Czech Republic.

The clouds have parted for some 20 minuts, allowing me to capture this timelapse.

I shot it with a modified webcam, Baader 2.25x Barlow and UV/IR cut filter, using my former SW MAK 102/1300.

2016-05-09 transit merkuru 102 mak.gif

15 minutes ago, bunnygod1 said:

Thank you for sharing, it is a fine record of the event. How much of it did you get to see from the Czech Republic?

The clouds parted some time after first contact and lasted for some 20 minutes. If it were clear, I could have watched it about 4/5 of the way through the transit, up to dusk.

Attached is a photo of a setup I used

CRW_4839cropp.jpg

At least you got to see some of it, we had a some decent views of it in some parts of the UK. It was partly cloudy where a viewed it from, I saw from 2nd contact until it was around half way across the disc. Much better than the transit of Venus a few years back, which was totally clouded out.

Archived