sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_31.thumb.jpg.b7a41d6a0fa4e315f57ea3e240acf140.jpg

YES! a proper mosaic 16 frames instead of 2

With the lack of any really exciting activity and some decent size gaps in the clouds, I thought I would finally have a go at "proper" mosaic. I have been doing mostly 2 frame mosaics mostly due to the thought of the time involved in a 16 frame one.

I decided to restrict the individual runs to 1,000 frames which take around 25secs to take. So 16 of them is around 8 minutes and the gaps looked big enough for that.

The usual set up Lunt50mm D/S, dmk21AU618, plus my x2.5 Powermate. Stacked in A/S2, then sharpened in imPPG, coloured in C/S2. Absolutely delighted with the end result to be honest  :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

Always room for improvement, but that is for another day. Not sure whether the image posted is full resolution or not, I guess I will find out when its posted.

2016.10.02 16 pane mosaic.png

• Like 11