Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

Pete Presland

YES! a proper mosaic 16 frames instead of 2

With the lack of any really exciting activity and some decent size gaps in the clouds, I thought I would finally have a go at "proper" mosaic. I have been doing mostly 2 frame mosaics mostly due to the thought of the time involved in a 16 frame one.

I decided to restrict the individual runs to 1,000 frames which take around 25secs to take. So 16 of them is around 8 minutes and the gaps looked big enough for that.

The usual set up Lunt50mm D/S, dmk21AU618, plus my x2.5 Powermate. Stacked in A/S2, then sharpened in imPPG, coloured in C/S2. Absolutely delighted with the end result to be honest  :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

Always room for improvement, but that is for another day. Not sure whether the image posted is full resolution or not, I guess I will find out when its posted.

2016.10.02 16 pane mosaic.png

• Like 11

Nice mosaic. Well done! :) 

• Like 1

I have noticed that between the Prom and Filament below there is a small stitching error. A bit disappointing, but always improvements to be made.

• Like 1

Nice one Pete, slim it was although some very nice proms were pretty active late afternoon.

• Like 1

Excellent mosaic Pete nice and even, dodgy bits can be cloned out, it don't show at this resolution :grin:

Dave

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Excellent mosaic Pete nice and even, dodgy bits can be cloned out, it don't show at this resolution :grin:

Dave

I might have to try that.

Ah great job! There's more going on than I realised! Lovely image(s) :happy11:

Iain 

• Like 1