stargazine_ep46_banner.thumb.jpg.34e6cdd5a0856b006a0b47c6373eb9b1.jpg

Hello Everyone !

Hello fellow star gazers ! 

Its great to have found a forum such as this one to share a passion for the stars,planets and our universe ! 

I am fairly new to astronomy and I am looking to buy my first telescope soon , just need to find the right one .

Well I have said enough for now , thank you for reading my welcome message and I look forward to our exchanges ! 

EnceladusEuropa 

Edited by EnceladusEuropa
  • Like 1

Hello and welcome to SGL, hope you enjoy the forum, if you need help

choosing a scope just post in the relevant forum, we love spending other

folks money. 

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Welcome, from the east. Enjoy the hobby and the forum.

I admire your bravery in getting into astronomy after the 'summer' you have had in the west ... but clear skies will come around again. (After the clouds that will be packed with your new scope have dissipated! ??)

• Like 1

Hi there... I am also a newbie.  Just bought my first scope and waiting for delivery (90mm refractor).  The excellent folks at first light optics were very helpful (and not scary).  Worth you taking a look if you are still choosing.  Are you going to observe from Glasgow itself?  Adam 

1 hour ago, Adam coffee man said:

Hi there... I am also a newbie.  Just bought my first scope and waiting for delivery (90mm refractor).  The excellent folks at first light optics were very helpful (and not scary).  Worth you taking a look if you are still choosing.  Are you going to observe from Glasgow itself?  Adam 

Thank you for the warm welcome guys ! 

Yes I will be observing from Glasgow itself , it is famous for massive cloud cover (just like today!) , however we do get crystal clear skys with a full view of visible stars , I just need the dam telescope , but for the moment I will have to just stand and gaze up at night .

Hi and welcome. Hope you enjoy your time on the forum, and when you get a scope that you enjoy the views through it. Any advise you require, just ask! :) 

Have you considered binoculars?  I have been using some 10x50 to learn my way around.  You get an amazing improvement on the naked eye, and they have the advantage of being really quick to use (Lancashire had plenty of cloud too, I know exactly what you have to contend with).  I will continue to use them when the scope arrives.

1 hour ago, Adam coffee man said:

Have you considered binoculars?  I have been using some 10x50 to learn my way around.  You get an amazing improvement on the naked eye, and they have the advantage of being really quick to use (Lancashire had plenty of cloud too, I know exactly what you have to contend with).  I will continue to use them when the scope arrives.

Hello , I might check out some binos , however if I am going to sink any of my money into anything I am thinking it might as well be for the telescope itself . My brother does have a decent set of binos that I'll try out just in the mean time , but thanks for the advice guys ! 

Hello, good evening and welcome!

Good luck with your choice of scope. It can be a hard choice. Just think carefully at what you are most interested in (planets/moon, deep sky or wide field) and ask questions on the forums as there are some very knowledgeable members here.

I'm sure you will enjoy whatever choice you make. I just hope you have got deep pockets! :biggrin:

• Like 1