Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

29 OCT 16 Venus

Nakedgun

19 hours ago, Demonperformer said:

I'm guessing that should be "SEPT"? :)

Actually, I should have typed "01 OCT 16" as that was when the shot was taken.

After earlier posting images of the "old" Moon shot 29 SEP 16 I guess that date was imprinted in my psyche.

Tried with binos from IOW (St Mary's) Hospital last night but even though it had a thin-crescent marker within

5 degrees of it, the thing played hide and seek amongst the contrails towards southampton and I lucked-out.

I have been down to Sandown beach a couple of times trying to get a low clear easterly, but its evaded me this summer/autumn so far.

Mick IOW

I'm currently in Tenerife where the advantagious declination is currently offering excellent naked eye views of the arc of Venus, Moon, Saturn and Mars.

The seeing has so far been too poor to be worth using a telescope but today things have changed with much steadier solar Ha images so hopes raised for tonight.    :icon_biggrin:

9 hours ago, Peter Drew said:

I'm currently in Tenerife where the advantagious declination is currently offering excellent naked eye views of the arc of Venus, Moon, Saturn and Mars.

The seeing has so far been too poor to be worth using a telescope but today things have changed with much steadier solar Ha images so hopes raised for tonight.    :icon_biggrin:

Nice , I often holiday in Balearic and Canary Islands , however I have never observed. I might even take a scope next time !  

Archived