Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Triangulum Galaxy M33 Backyard Astrophotography

The Triangulum Galaxy, or Messier 33, is a spiral galaxy in the constellation Triangulum, and is visible to the naked eye under dark sky conditions. Unfortunately, deep sky objects like this are not visible to the unaided eye here in the Coachella Valley due to city light pollution. I was able to capture this on 9-30-16 during the new moon phase, and am very happy with how it turned out. I was able to get up to 240s lights with the wedge, and I could have gone longer that night. Definitely a first for the wedge and I lol we go back and forth  

3 hours total exposure time
37x150s lights
12x180s lights
13x240s lights
68 darks
40 bias
38 flats

Equipment:
Celestron Nexstar 6se + wedge
6.3 focal reducer
canon 450d
asi120mc-s guiding

http://coachella-astronomy-astrophotography.blogspot.com/2016/10/triangulum-galaxy-m33-backyard.html

triangulum galaxy m81.png

The core's good but are you sure you haven't black clipped the fainter data? You have a very dark and flat background sky which suggests you might have done. It's temptng to fight LP by clipping but a tool like DBE in Pixinsight is a better way to deal with it. It should preserve more of your faint signal.

Olly

Archived