SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Gamma Cas and IC59 and IC63. 150pds and 100D

StargeezerTim

From last night. 14 X 7.5 min, iso 1600, UHC, DSS, PS. First time I have used the 150pds for a while and good to see the sharp stars again! I love my frac but you cant beat the stars on a reflector... 

Thanks for looking... p.s. looks like you can see the focuser shadow on the large star halo's, is the anything that can be done about that?Gamma Cas and IC 59.png

Re: the cutouts, you have four options:

1) Move the primary up the tube (thereby forcing the focus point outwards)

2) Take a hacksaw to the drawtube

3) Sink your coma corrector into the drawtube (not usually an option with a DSLR)

or...

4) Dont let it bother you, the stars are round - thats the major concern.

Nice image btw ;)

very nice image Tim and i did no.2  take a hacksaw to the draw tube  but not very good after for visual unless you use extension tubes.

get focus then mark it inside the scope then add 10mm then cut it off at that the 10mm is so that it do's not come of the rollers inside the focuser when re focusing .

Thanks Rob and Chris,

Think i'll go for option 4 at the moment. There is one other option... avoid bright stars!  :icon_biggrin:

11 hours ago, Uranium235 said:

Re: the cutouts, you have four options:

1) Move the primary up the tube (thereby forcing the focus point outwards)

2) Take a hacksaw to the drawtube

3) Sink your coma corrector into the drawtube (not usually an option with a DSLR)

or...

4) Dont let it bother you, the stars are round - thats the major concern.

Nice image btw ;)

12 minutes ago, toxic said:

very nice image Tim and i did no.2  take a hacksaw to the draw tube  but not very good after for visual unless you use extension tubes.

get focus then mark it inside the scope then add 10mm then cut it off at that the 10mm is so that it do's not come of the rollers inside the focuser when re focusing .

Archived