Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M15 - 23-07-08 - C9.25 and Canon 350D

jcm

Not really planning to use the C9.25 for wide field stuff (the F6 130mm refractor much better) but I thought I would give it a go. Conditions not very good.

C9.25 at F6.3 , Canon 350D , 10 X 3mins.

John

post-13061-133877344057_thumb.jpg

Thats a very crisp capture John it looks great. If it was coma wouldn't the stars be stretched pointing towards the corners?

Not sure about this. In the bottom left corner there is obviously some "distortion".

It could be a slight misalignment of the 10 subs.

John

The distortion bottom left is unusual as it appears to be a 'rotation' but there is no matching one shown at the top right corner! Leaving that aside, it is a nice colourful image.

Had a look at the individual subs. They all have the distortion in the lower left , so its not an alignment problem.

John

Very well resolved there John :shocked:

Looks to me like somethings not quite at 90 degrees to the light path....coma would be visible equally at the corners.

Cheers

Rob

I have checked other images and it is not present in any of them. All I can think of is that the camera adaptor was not fully pushed into the 2" focuser and was at a slight angle.

John

That's a very attractive image John, and whatever the reason for the small anomaly in the left bottom corner, it doesn't detract from the overall picture. In fact if it hadn't been mentioned, I would never have noticed it. However the eyes of the experienced imagers are very discerning.

I'm sure you will discover the reason. It can't be much.

Ron. :D

Archived