SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M45 and surroundings

50 x 6s exposures with the D3200 at ISO800, Darks, Bias, quick run through DSS and minor fettling in Photoshop.

Like the last image it wasn't taken at a totally dark location but it was pretty dark and the naked eye views were stunning, a great start to the evening before I went somewhere nearly completely dark. I'm sure I can process more accurate colour and more nebulosity but in the spirit of a quick capture I'm quick processing too :)

pleiades.png

Nice image, somehow I had never really noticed the sprinkling of fainter stars around the main cluster in any images till now. I guess the wider field and less emphasis on processing to show the nebulosity brings them out.

Love it. Beautiful understated view of a beautiful target. I was viewing this a few nights ago from a dark site and your image is a very good match indeed for what I saw. The Merope nebula looks spot on compared to the view at the eyepiece - not overly detailed and not bright blue!

Archived