Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DSO example pictures under different seeing conditions?

This morning I had a pretty enjoyable session.  I work up at 0330, went out and caught my first view since last year of The Pleiades and The Orion Nebula. 

I would love to see realistic views of what other people see under different conditions.  In person would be best of course but does anyone have images or links to images of DSO's taken in a way to appear as seen naked eye under various skies?

Thank you all very much.

2 hours ago, MarkVIIIMarc said:

My google searches agree with you. Maybe there is an astro photographer out there who posts his images next to eyepiece quality shots. 

On 29.9.2016 at 06:22, MarkVIIIMarc said:

This morning I had a pretty enjoyable session.  I work up at 0330, went out and caught my first view since last year of The Pleiades and The Orion Nebula. 

I would love to see realistic views of what other people see under different conditions.  In person would be best of course but does anyone have images or links to images of DSO's taken in a way to appear as seen naked eye under various skies?

Thank you all very much.

Illustrated Guide to Astronomical Wonders has eyepiece-like pictures. I prefer it over Turn left at Orion.

Archived