SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello All Stargazers

Periscope

Thank you Paul. I have got a couple of 12 volt 17 amp hour Gel Cell Batteries, which I used to power my model warships. I just need to get a car cigarette lighter socket, so that this can be coupled to the batteries. Trouble is, you don't often see these in Car Accessory Shops, now that smoking is classed as anti scocial. Maybe I could get one from a scrap car.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Paul. I have got a couple of 12 volt 17 amp hour Gel Cell Batteries, which I used to power my model warships. I just need to get a car cigarette lighter socket, so that this can be coupled to the batteries. Trouble is, you don't often see these in Car Accessory Shops, now that smoking is classed as anti scocial. Maybe I could get one from a scrap car.

This may help Geoff. http://www.maplin.co.uk/searchtemplate.asp?criteria=Car%20Cigar%20Lighter%20Multi-Socket

Jeff.

Tonight look's quite promising over Tamworth, with not too much :D , so I might get the scope out and have a couple of hours, after dark.

Once my battery is fully charged, I will have a go at rigging up the GoTo set up, although the manual is not as clear as it could have been for a beginer. No doubt I will fathom out how to do it all, even if I have to try several times.

Geoff

Yes a new name would be appropiate, but it looks like I'm stuck with NoScope, as you can't change your Username! :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Geoff

A word with Admin may make things possible, there is always "Deed Poll" :D

Archie (Naz formally Nabban :D )

A word with Admin may make things possible, there is always "Deed Poll" :clouds1:

Archie (Naz formally Nabban :D )

I'll stick with NoScope I think, Iv'e got used to it now! :D :D :D

Decided not to bother viewing last night, as thick cloud started to come in around 2230. This evening looks more promising, so I'll review the situation at around 2200 to see if it's worth setting up. It is certainly at lot clearer than last night around this time (1900).

Geoff

A word with Admin may make things possible, there is always "Deed Poll" :clouds1:

Archie (Naz formally Nabban :clouds1: )

I'll stick with NoScope I think, Iv'e got used to it now! :D :D :D

Decided not to bother viewing last night, as thick cloud started to come in around 2230. This evening looks more promising, so I'll review the situation at around 2200 to see if it's worth setting up. It is certainly at lot clearer than last night around this time (1900).

Geoff

Was going to suggest Geoff with your ex naval connection, "Peri-scope" :D

Archie

Archived