Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

MarsG76

Full Moon - 16 September 2016

Hi All,

Just sharing a image of the last full moon. This image consists of two single shots, top than bottom half, and combine in PS. 

Shot with a Canon 40D through the scope at native F10.

Thanks for looking

Mariusz

FullMoon 16Sep2016.JPG

• Like 4

Very nice, you have got good contrast on this image. I also like the fact that the quality doesn't suffer too much once full size is selected. Which can happen. Well done

Though Colour does look a tad pink brown to my eyes. Not sure if you have used this, but colour auto balance on registax. will correct colour inside The button RGB balance on there. Looking at the numbers the reason it has come out red brown is not low altitude (although it could still have been low) but because green needed to go up, and blue even higher. Once that is done. A colour correction looks good here I think. see if you agree. I don't really like touching others images, hope you don't mind me showing what beautiful colours you have captured here.

First image is with registax RGB balance selected. Then auto correction done.

The second is the same image but with colour saturation applied. Hope you find this helpful. And useful

sgl jpg.jpg

Colour corrected saturation applied, some levels and mild sharpening

sgl jpg vibrancy levels sharpening.jpg

Edited by neil phillips

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.