SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Full Moon - 16 September 2016

MarsG76

Hi All,

Just sharing a image of the last full moon. This image consists of two single shots, top than bottom half, and combine in PS. 

Shot with a Canon 40D through the scope at native F10.

Thanks for looking

Mariusz

FullMoon 16Sep2016.JPG

Very nice, you have got good contrast on this image. I also like the fact that the quality doesn't suffer too much once full size is selected. Which can happen. Well done

Though Colour does look a tad pink brown to my eyes. Not sure if you have used this, but colour auto balance on registax. will correct colour inside The button RGB balance on there. Looking at the numbers the reason it has come out red brown is not low altitude (although it could still have been low) but because green needed to go up, and blue even higher. Once that is done. A colour correction looks good here I think. see if you agree. I don't really like touching others images, hope you don't mind me showing what beautiful colours you have captured here.

First image is with registax RGB balance selected. Then auto correction done.

The second is the same image but with colour saturation applied. Hope you find this helpful. And useful

sgl jpg.jpg

Colour corrected saturation applied, some levels and mild sharpening

sgl jpg vibrancy levels sharpening.jpg

Archived