Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

vdB142 in h-alpha

Starman

That's beauty Pete. Your expertise is certainly not limited to solar stuff. I have to ask, IFA ?

I'll probably know it when you tell me, but I can't dig it out. :shocked:

How can you not move 600 Km for a Total Solar Eclipse. I would have thought wild horses could not drag you away from it. :) You must have a solid reason. ( Family Holiday perhaps.?) Excuse my cheek mate. :lol:

Ron.

Cracking image that one pete and nice and deep as well , that guiding is a peach to ,I must drag myself out , but cant seem to get good skies here always some thin cloud , have to move to Pete land i think

Rog :shocked:

Cheers Steve , looks good ,may try and stay up hehehe

Thanks all.

Ron - give yourself a pat on the back. Across all the forums I've posted this image, you're the only one to ask what IFA means.

Are you ready...

IFA = I Fell Asleep!

I did fall asleep and the objective dewed up. This in turn created the haloes you can see around the brightest stars.

The reason why it's going to be hard to move for this years eclipse is that I'm over in China checking hotels and observing sites for next years eclipse. I could fly to the west but the cloud forecast isn't great for the areas I'd be entering and the eclipse duration is about 90s. It's a pity but I'm going to have to let this one go I think. Ever worse, I probably won't get as good a view as you will in the UK!

Thanks all.

Ron - give yourself a pat on the back. Across all the forums I've posted this image, you're the only one to ask what IFA means.

Are you ready...

IFA = I Fell Asleep!

I did fall asleep and the objective dewed up. This in turn created the haloes you can see around the brightest stars.

The reason why it's going to be hard to move for this years eclipse is that I'm over in China checking hotels and observing sites for next years eclipse. I could fly to the west but the cloud forecast isn't great for the areas I'd be entering and the eclipse duration is about 90s. It's a pity but I'm going to have to let this one go I think. Ever worse, I probably won't get as good a view as you will in the UK!

:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

Thanks for you explanations on both items Pete. On the IFA one, I actuall visited the Internet Acronym site for a clue, but needless to say it wasn't listed. Nevertheless, It is one I shall not forget in a hurry, I feel a bit of a Twonk, as I'm sure most would have sussed it out. I console myself in the knowledge that such an eminent exponent of Astro Imaging actually fell asleep on duty. Please report to the brick wall at 0600 tomorrow, where you will receive 50 lashes with a USB cable. :shocked:

Ron. :lol:

Archived