Hi All

wonneil

I have just joined to read up on all the beginners advice as I have yet to buy my first telescope.

Reading on this forum and wanting to spend less than £300 I am opting on going for the Skymax 127 on an Autotrak mount which looks good value for the money I have.

So I will probably be quiet for the next couple of weeks (waiting for payday) until I'm up and running!

Actually now looking very forward to it! :shocked:

Neil

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi. Neil, and welcome to SGL. Your scope choice looks good, and is a fine introductory instrument.

I'm sure you have a supplier in mind, but I saw this, and I believe ther are free binoculars included, and a compass. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the forums, and any help you require is here when you need it. And If you need it. :shocked:

Ron.

http://www.telescopeplanet.co.uk/ViewProdDetails.asp?prod_code=PON07I000035

Hi Neil

Welcome aboard :shocked:

Just bought a Skymax 127 for planatary viewing and so far I'm quite impressed with it.

The Moon with a 20mm eye piece @ 75x almost fills the whole field of view, right in your face (or should I say eye).

Paul

Hopefully, it's been quite sunny the last couple of weeks so let's hope it keeps up! :sunny:

I am feeling lucky actually, I get paid on 31st so was going to order online but the telescope shop which is 15 minutes up the road from me (Telescope House) is doing a special deal on 1st August for the solar eclipse where everything is 10% off :lol:

So weather permitting I should be all set on the Friday as I won't have to wait for delivery and I'll get a £30 saving as well :hello1:

By the way thank you for the link Ron, would have gone for it if I didn't accidently spot this, and I'm sure I'll have loads of questions come the end of next week! :scratch:

I've never been in such a friendly forum!! :shocked:

Archived