Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M31 Andromeda - Re-Processed (Is this cheating???)

Tim

Well, the clear night we were promised has evolved into thick cloud here, so I am unable to grab the red data I desperately need for my M31 attempt. (Red channel is heavily blocked in a non modified 400D when using a CLS filter).

However I recalled that I had taken a few M31 shots using the Modded 350D I have, through the same WO72 Megrez, just a couple of weeks ago after finishing the bubble nebula exposures. Sadly they were only 60 sec exposures at iso 800, but i had 16 of them.

So I have stacked them seperately in DSS, applied levels and curves in PS, resize and rotate in PS, then add as a layer onto the better of my M31's posted yesterday. Then altered the opacity a little and the result is as shows, which is what I tried to achieve artificially on the first image posted.

Is it cheating to use images from different cameras?

Here is a repeat of the image from yesterday, (too cyany due to CLS filter), and then the same image with the 350D data overlaid. (btw, I will also post processing details in the other thread as requested.)

Cheers

TJ

7210_large.jpeg

And plus the 350D data:

7223_large.jpeg

Is it cheating to use images from different cameras?

I don't think so - it is quite common to blend images taken using different pieces of kit. For example, a mono CCD imager would not hesitate to 'blend' images taken with different filters on the same camera so why not blend images taken with different cameras?

I prefer the cyanny one actually. How you got from the original though to these is amazing. I have some M31 shots that look like your original and I never even bothered doing anything to them as I thought it was a lost cause. You must have the patience of a saint.

Nothing cheaty about working the data you collect yourself. There have been thousands of M31 images, and not one of them has been totally free of clever processing. I suppose a way to look at it is, the data collected has been on the move for over 250 million years, it's bound to be tired and in need of some r & r. :shocked:

Ron. :lol:

Nothing cheaty about working the data you collect yourself. There have been thousands of M31 images, and not one of them has been totally free of clever processing. I suppose a way to look at it is, the data collected has been on the move for over 250 million years, it's bound to be tired and in need of some r & r. :shocked:

250 million?.... :) Ron did a typo, Ron did a typo.......

250 million?.... :) Ron did a typo, Ron did a typo.......

No I didn't Nah Nah Nah! Coz it did 10 round trips, so there. :crybaby: an I want my ball back or I'll tell me dad. :mrgreen:

10 x 2.5 = 250 doesn't it? (5 round trips at 2.5 million each way. = 10 x 2.5 = 250.

Therefore my statement of 5 round trips = (10) of 2.5 million miles comes to 250 million.

Give in, do you give in? :shocked:

10 x 2.5 = 250 doesn't it? (5 round trips at 2.5 million each way. = 10 x 2.5 = 250.

Therefore my statement of 5 round trips = (10) of 2.5 million miles comes to 250 million.

Give in, do you give in? :shocked:

I am wrong I surrender 10 x 2.5 is only 25, and I am going back to school. :oops:

LOL! Ron, as they say, when you are in a hole, stop digging :lol:

I also am a maths genius, so you are in good company.

Sorry TJ. I kinda Hi -Jacked your thread a bit there, I was good at English, but maths always gave me trouble, and a good thrashing sometimes too. Ah!, those good old days. :shocked:

:laughing2:

Not cheating at all TJ :lol:

The added 350 data has given a much better colour balance.

I've been adding all sorts of data to certain images....that's the great thing about this hobby, the subject matter pretty much stays the same so why not add earlier data if it does the job!

Lovely focus, excellent framing and very nice processing sir :shocked:

Cheers

Rob

Archived