Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cheap 2.5x42s ordered (kinglux 2.5x42)

Joseki

Mine arrived an hour ago! :-)

They were well packed: in the padded carrying pouch, inside a cardboard box, in a thick layer of bubble wrap, inside another cardboard box, inside a padded mailer!

They took 13 days to arrive. I thought it might be sooner, because I was sent a picture of the addressed package soon after I ordered them. The label was all in English and the from address was in West Drayton. There was a tracking number, but no carrier info, though the track.aftership.com site suggested it was Yodel. Sometimes the Yodel site said they were waiting for the package. At other times, the number was not recognized at all. That was the case for about 10 days until the Yodel site finally confirmed they had it. Why the delay? Here's what I think may have happened: the package was shipped from China within a larger shipment bound for the UK and the supplier assigned a tracking number in advance from Yodel.

Anyway, they arrived here safely within the shipping time specified. The bins are just as I expected and look pretty solid. It's overcast now, but could clear a little later on. Fingers crossed.  I'll report back when I've been able to make use of them.

Clear skies...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a few minutes with them last night during a brief break in the clouds.

Two things immediately struck me:

- the familiar outline of Cygnus disappeared amongst the background stars that were now suddenly visible.

- Delphinus, which is always very faint from my location 'leapt' out.  Similarly Sagitta.

Tomorrow night's forecast looks promising, so I hope to give them a longer outing then.

As for the focusing range, it seems pretty much what I've come to expect from other bins.  My 'stronger' eye (~ -3.5) could be accommodated, just. My other eye, about 1 diopetre weaker, was slightly outside the range.  Even so, the view was very good. I did try wearing specs, but as others have noted, it gives a less immersive view.

One more thing I meant to add in my earlier post: when I was unpacking, I noticed a worrying rattle. I feared the worst, but the cause just turned out to the two zip pullers on the pouch jangling together! What a relief that was.

Mine came today - all in good order. I looked at a pair of Vixens a while ago and from what I remember of them the build quality and view are comparable with of course a slightly higher magnification. Looking forward to using them under a dark sky ?

Archived