SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

14 hours ago, Stu said:

That's a beauty Mike! Unbelievable number of stars!!

13 hours ago, DanWebster said:

A lovely image, and it got me wondering what the night sky would be like if we were to live there.

Very bright is the answer apparently.

13 hours ago, Ant said:

That really is a stunning image, not something I've seen in the "flesh" - if its anything like Omega Centauri (which I have seen) its a stunning sight! 

Thanks for posting. :)

Ant

Thanks guys for your kind words.  

This image is from a relatively short total exposure time and given that there is still a fair bit of noise in the background I think more exposure time would bring out even more faint stars.  One of many projects to complete :)

Cheers

Mike

5 hours ago, Tom OD said:

Hi Mike

Super southern object. Great shot. It might be my phone but it looks a little pink in the overall cast. Hope you don't mind me saying so. 

Tom. 

Thanks Tom - could be.  It looks ok on my IPad (if anything a little green).  On my IMAC it is fairly neutral.  Of course neither are colour balanced and my eyes are not as young as they used to be :)

1 hour ago, StargeezerTim said:

Now that's what I call a cluster. M13 eat your heart out! Just incredible...

Thanks Tim.  Sometimes it seems that most of the great objects are too far north for me ( M13 included ) but we do have a few of our own special ones :)

Cheers guys

Archived