Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Creeping... Slowly, Inexorably, Relentlessly... forward

Uranium235

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Uranium235 said:

Youre the one to blame for this matey! :D

I was happy with propellor to crescent, but you planted the idea of going over to the Tulip.... seems like I made the right choice in the end though.

I'm full of good ideas for other people!

Actually I have two separate large scael images around here but never quite found the courage to get after the missing bits this summer...

Olly

lol.... wouldnt like to even think about it with the 200pds... you'd be doing it for the rest of your life! :)

Last night I managed to get a few top-ups on three panels, so thats another complete reprocess that needs to be done. Small improvements, but worth it in the end becuase if it looks good at full size it will look even sharper/clearer when scaled downwards a bit.

20 hours ago, Uranium235 said:

Creeping forward a bit more.... this time in video!

Don't be a tightwad, view it in 1080p! :)

Jeez

you just fall into it...

Love to see at 4K+ res on my screen (27" 5K iMac)

53 minutes ago, iapa said:

Jeez

you just fall into it...

Love to see at 4K+ res on my screen (27" 5K iMac)

4k would require an update to my video editing software, as 1080p is about as much as it can handle at the moment! Its just a shame the youtube conversion process introduces a little bit of stuttering on the panning, the original AVI (7gb) is pretty flawless in that respect. I could upload the raw version, but that would be an overnight jobbie.

This is actually incredible. With so many images you could render it in full resolution so that people online can zoom into it to see in more detail the individual frames. Amazing job. I can't wait to see the finished result.

26 minutes ago, Adam J said:

Not sure what is more amazing, the image or the fact that you have gotten 36hours of imaging dont recently....are you sure you live in the UK?

He may have mistaked living in space with living in the UK.

On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 19:51, Uranium235 said:

I remember that image well mate, its what I had in mind when starting this project. But, it also demostrates exactly what Tom OD and I were talking about when we met at the IAPY awards - in that the sky sort of behaves like the inside of a dome (or planetarium), and tapers inwards towards the zenith. Such are the issues when trying to put a curved sky onto a flat chip.

If I remember rightly, you did that with an 80ED? So hats off to your sir! :)

Lovely stuff Rob, good luck with the rest of it. It looks super. The inside un projected roof of the planetarium was a great example of how the celestial pole and mosaics curve, and the issues with aligning / registering them.

Tom.

4 hours ago, Tom OD said:

Lovely stuff Rob, good luck with the rest of it. It looks super. The inside un projected roof of the planetarium was a great example of how the celestial pole and mosaics curve, and the issues with aligning / registering them.

Tom.

Thanks Tom :)

Currently, Im working on trying to achieve the "right" shade of Ha red - so Im looking at various ways of combining the data to avoid that horrible pink look. Early days still, but I think im getting there!

Archived