Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher EQ 2/3 synscan advise

eye in the sky

Hi all

The weekend because it was clear I setup my mount switched it on and hey presto cant connect to m.c . I tried all lead connections ,leisure battery all were fine. Does this mean the motherboard has gone. Wouldn't want to buy a new one for nothing and find out its the controller or a motor. If it is the motherboard could someone advise me where to purchase one from.

Thanks Folks

if you put the power into the handset, does it power up ok ? (it will report that it can't find the motor controller) if it does, then plug the power into the motor controller & connect the handset to the controller using the RJ45 connector lead & the round DIN connector to the motors. On switching on then, does the handset power up ?

With it all connected, power-up, and on the handset, ignore setup routine, but go into utilities and look for the 'volt meter' and ensure that the power really is giving +12 volts or more usually +13.8 volts. 

It may also be a problem with the handset to mount drivers lead, if you have a spare network lead available, substitute it for the supplied lead, they are pin for pin compatible.

It may be possible to do additional testing, but this would entail either driving the mount either by a PC connection to replace the handset, or via the ST4 port.

If you do need any spares, the best place to source them would be the retailer where you got the mount or the importer http://www.opticalvision.co.uk/

Archived