Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Roof box and Roof Bars

Ant

Really running out of room with all this Astro stuff, camping stuff, bikes / toys etc etc etc.

So I decided that the credit card needed an airing! Once I'd worked my way through the moths, I decided to go on the hunt for a roof box and rails.

There are so many (of both) and various stuff that I didn't know I had to check before purchase - which seem to have turned out alright!

So I priced up some rails and roof boxes in Halfords and the local Camping and General. and decided that even with the credit card I couldn't afford them.

So I went to Ebay with the thought of buying a second hand roof box and then getting the rails brand new.

Here is what I found, a 415 ltr roof box, that even with delivery came in at well under half the price in high street stores.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260238517095

I would recommend these guys 100% - it arrived within 3 days.

As for roof bars I picked these up at just over half the price of high street retailers. Also arrived within three days.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=310065447614

So I spent £142. Fantastic prices

Here's a pic.

Ant

Looks like a good bargain has been found there Ant. One semi-precautionary note, don't get too surprised when you see what these things do to your fuel consumption! I got a bit of a surprise when I fitted one for taking stuff/tents from Newcastle down to Sir Pats.

Steve..

Yeah I know that these things are going to affect the fuel economy, my car is so uneconomic anyway I doubt it would make much difference.

Cheers for the warning though.

Ant

Archived