Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 7635 - Bubble Nebula in Ha 21/07/08

Whippy

It's been a long ol' time since the imaging gear got used in anger and L'Missus very kindly bought me a Ha filter a while back and as it was almost a full moon and clear skies last night, I thought it'd be rude not to give it a run out :shocked:...

Not bad for a first stab at narrowband imaging although it's pretty noisy. But the weather is looking promising this week so hopefully I can get some extra exposures added and maybe even some RGB data too.

So, 72 minutes (12 x 6 mins before the clouds rolled in) of NGC 7635 taken with an Atik 16HR cam with an Astronomik 13nm Ha filter in the nosepiece, WO ZS110 on imaging duty whilst a WO ZS66, QHY5 and PHD did the guiding. All sitting on top of an EQ6 pro. Stacked in DSS and processed in Photoshop.

7191_normal.jpeg

(click to make it a little bigger)

Tony..

You did good there Tony. The filter did the job. For me, these mono images hit the spot.

A very ethereal, and to my mind a genuine deep space scene.

Looks as though you're back in harness mate.

Ron.

I agree about mono images, something about them that colour ultimately can't compete, maybe its their simplicity and contrast that is so unassuming yet captivating.

perfect exposure and detail, the reflection in the bubble hits the spot :thumbright:

Let's have some rgb to round it off!

Thanks all for the kind words :shocked:. If the weather plays ball I'll try and get some more Ha subs to bring it up to 2 hours and then get some RGB. So expect the finished article sometime around october!

Tony..

Thankee people, it still amazes me still that I'm able to produce images like this!

(How is L'Missus? Are you fed up of the little ringing bell?? :shocked: )

Unfortunately, it's not nil by mouth so her favourite phrase is 'Tone, can you get me food/study books/ laptop/whatever...', so I'm getting a little tired!

Tony..

Archived