SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Some double images

Very nice Matt, makes a very pleasant change to see some double. I guess they have their own special challenges regarding colour, widely differing brightness, etc, and how to get them looking nice a 'stellar' (which you have done very well). I think Prof Greg Parker likes doing single and double stars, I wonder if he employs any special techniques? Really like the last one btw.

Cheers

The Mewlon ones were the experimental ones. They are RGB images with an Atik414ex about 30 secs per sub to try and not overexpose and about 12 subs per channel. The Mewlon has a much larger focal length, and the images required manual alignment once calibrated as there were not enough alignment stars, which is a bit laborious. The 10" Newt one is much more standard, and was auto alignable. The Mewlon has much more potential to get closer doubles, but the extra context with the Newt is more aesthetically pleasing I think.

Nicely done Matt, glad to see you're putting that Mewlon to good use after I nearly bought it :)

Had a go at Cor Coroli last year with 10"SCT as I was syncing on it on the way to something nearby,  but had trouble getting any colour, probably over exposed.

Dave

Archived