Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Double Cluster - FSQ85 fight light

jaspalchadha

find the gorgeous Double Cluster in the constellation Perseus. It’s a wonderful sight to see on winter evenings, here in the Northern Hemisphere.

The Double Cluster consists of two open stars clusters, known as “H” and “Chi” Persei (also called NGC 884 and 869).

This is my first light using the Takahashi FSQ85 telescope

Captured from London on 13/09/2016 ( poor weather conditions )
Data
Takahashi  fsq85
QHY9s CCD
Ioptron CEM60
LRGB 2 x 300 seconds filter
Unguided

Double ClusterHigher Res

2 minutes ago, Owmuchonomy said:

I like that very much.  Maybe ease off a little on the red and a touch more on the blue but that's just my personal taste.  I assume you are pleased with the Baby Q?

Hey Chris Yes very happy with the baby Q ( I look to see how it performs under good skies and with narrowband.  Really nicely built and also really light..  :)

Just now, souls33k3r said:

Excellent.

How are you finding the QHY9s? any issues? i've been seriously thinking about this CCD but was wondering how you're finding it :)

Do it do it! I have no problems with it what so ever. Last night the obs was showing 24c, had the ccd cooled to -20 in mintes with a steady power of 32%

I use 36mm filters but 1.25 can cover it too

5 minutes ago, jaspalchadha said:

Do it do it! I have no problems with it what so ever. Last night the obs was showing 24c, had the ccd cooled to -20 in mintes with a steady power of 32%

I use 36mm filters but 1.25 can cover it too

Hahahaha top man.

What i've heard is that the only problem seems to be when you try to shoot at a faster speed, like below 2 seconds, then the shadow casts from the mehcanical shutter starts to appear. Below 2 seconds mean you won't be able to (just saying) do planetary imaging or (which could be a pain) take simple flat frame.

THat is true but when I take my flats I use a EL panel. You can dim the brightness. I aim for around 23000adu and dim it enough so the exposure times are over 2 seconds 

my lumance is 1.6 seconds and you can see the shutter in the bottom right corner but that doesn't effect the overall image as you can see in the double cluster ;) 

as for planetary work I personally wouldn't use it but go for something like those celestron Skyris

1 minute ago, jaspalchadha said:

THat is true but when I take my flats I use a EL panel. You can dim the brightness. I aim for around 23000adu and dim it enough so the exposure times are over 2 seconds 

my lumance is 1.6 seconds and you can see the shutter in the bottom right corner but that doesn't effect the overall image as you can see in the double cluster ;) 

as for planetary work I personally wouldn't use it but go for something like those celestron Skyris

That's excellent advice mate. 

I know i wouldn't use it for planetary either but just what someone said and i quoted :)

Mind if i PM you? don't want to hijack the thread and take the limelight away from this brilliant work :)

19 hours ago, souls33k3r said:

That's excellent advice mate. 

I know i wouldn't use it for planetary either but just what someone said and i quoted :)

Mind if i PM you? don't want to hijack the thread and take the limelight away from this brilliant work :)

Yes mate feel free. 

Archived