Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Gutted...

To cut a long story short, I tripped over tonight whilst holding the C8. It was either me or the Celestron that was gonna get hurt and the Celestron lost. I wouldn't mind but I've just had a load of accessories arrive last week from the States for it ( Lymax Cat Cooler & Feathertouch Microfocuser)

I'm gonna sell these and put the money towards a different scope later ( probably the equinox ed120) I got the ok from the missus (who was in tears for me , bless her) :shocked:

Crazy really..I always turn off the outside sensor light whilst viewing and because it was dark I caught my short sleeved shirt on the flippin' outside tap as I was going up the steps which threw me off balance. I sort of fell forwards and landed one elbow but the front of the scope hit the corner of the upper step full on. I was not hurt, just a little shaken and upset. Never mind though... Gonna have to dust the Dob for now.

Oh man that's just terrible, hope you're okay ! The scope can always be replaced though.. has to be said that it is one of my fears when carrying mine. I feel sure your household insurance will cover it! really sorry nevertheless. :shocked:

Karlo

That's a real bummer, these accidents are inevitable, especially after a long session and you are tired. It can be a very expensive outcome if you don't have insurance.

We all feel for you mate, it's a horrid thing to bear.

Ron. :shocked:

Sorry to hear that mate. The thought always crosses my mind when I'm heaving the 250px tube in to the shed... the very thought scares the Rubbish ouwta me. :shock:

Deffo a house insurance job :shocked: .

Matt

Really sorry to hear this story as I have so nearly been there myself - ironically, also catching my sleeve but in my case on the back door handle - it stopped me in my tracks spun me round and almost wrenched the 'scope from my hands.

Good luck with the insurance and how nice that you have a supportive wife like mine - that's just how Jane would have reacted!

Archived