Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC 5070 A POOR PELICAN

CELESCOPE

Well after 4 months of no DSO imaging , i thought i had better get out and have ago , mainly to see ,if the gear is still working ok , and also have i forgot how to image.

the first disaster was the filter wheel broke ,leaving me with a very loose fitting to the CCD , just kept my fingers crossed on this , then i also forgot a few other things i had to do , wont mention them lol .

Anyway the plan was to get 12x 5 min subs as i could see the weather would not last , and maybe if ok, then add another 6x 10 min subs , lol well we got to 8x 5 mins and that was it , for which 2 were useless with thin cloud cover , so that was my night finished , but pleased at least all seemed to work fine , just need some longer nights now , and NO MOON, LOL , So my work from last night , a noisy Pelican .

Rog

Grrrrrrrr

7159_normal.png

(click to enlarge)

Rog,

You still have the touch....I would be happy with a nice image like this on my best night...

Good to see you out again with the kit. I hope to do the same in a month or so when the summer, hot hazy weather subsides.

Cheers mate.

Doug

KNow that feeling, just weaiting to see if the high cloud clears here up north. I got a Supaslim 8 position true technology wheel from Bern a few weeks ago, excellent pieces of kit, just need time to use in anger (had two aborted attempts due to cloud), it all seems to work in the light!

Here's to clear skies.

Steve..

Archived