Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

My first go at imaging m45

shot using a vintage super takumar 135, f3.5 iso640 best 80%of 35 120second subs. The camera was mounted on a star adventurer and polar alignment was rough

image.jpeg

• Like 12

Beautiful! Well done! :) 

• Like 1

great shot mate, ive just brought the same lens, ill have to have a go first chance i get.  well done.  thanks ,charl. ps what camera are you using and is it astro modded.

Edited by xtreemchaos
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

great shot mate, ive just brought the same lens, ill have to have a go first chance i get.  well done.  thanks ,charl. ps what camera are you using and is it astro modded.

It's just an old cannon 40d, stock no modification atall... Great lens for astrophotography, look forward to your results,

That is a beautiful shot. Nice work!
Going to have to try this one when the weather clears. I've been eyeing it the last few times I've been out ;)

Lovely shot.

This is what I love about widefield imaging, you can do a rough alignment and still get good results. Which is good for me as I'm terrible at polar aligning. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By frolao
      The Pleiades showing different temperatures in a super unfocused image (by accident). Only after looking better to this I noticed all brightest stars are there. Love it!
      Stars info using SkySafary6
      AVX SW80ED 700D 19s ISO12800, both images

• By mikeyscope
      Just a quick cropped image of the Venus/Pleiades conjunction with Hyades looking on by moonlight from last night.
      Pentax K5 / Pentax 12-24mm lens / 1.4x rear converter / Exp. 30secs @f10 / iso 500
      Ioptron tracker at siderial.

• By Photosbykev
      30+ exposures between 1 and 60 seconds with an ASI533MC_Pro and WO61 refractor. The huge dynamic range makes this a real challenge lol

• By Matt Hayden
      Hello!
      What with all this locking down business and home schooling my ten year old son, I have dusted off my TAL-1 and created a slightly less than ideal setup in his room. The westward facing window has been providing great views of the moon and venus over the past week. Obviously doing this indoors is not great (the floor is pretty solid, as is the TAL stand!) but it does mean we get to use the scope every evening, rather than going through the process of carrying the whole rig outside every day.

I have a T-mount converter for my old-ish Pentax k-M DSLR, but have quite disappointing results with the camera, when compared to the observed image using the eye. The eyeball view is nothing less than banging - crystal clear detail with a 25mm eyepiece, strong contrast - it's spectacular. I add the camera with an eyepiece inside a tube, and can't replicate the same result, or anything like it. It's OK, but not good enough.
      I've cleaned the eyepiece today and collimated the scope. The primary mirror looks fine other than a couple of tiny dust particles, no scratches or weirdness on the coating. The camera is working pretty well as far as I can tell. Apart from a little clumsy-ness with the adjustments, the clarity in the eyepiece suggests it's all working fairly well. Photo attached of best result from last night.
      My question is: is this a focusing issue or some sort of aberration? Should I expect focusing to be difficult in the camera eyepiece? What's going on?! Does anyone have any other tips I can try to get this working better?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.