Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Fuzzies at last!!!

Stephen Aish

its taken a while but last night was a good one.

upon seeing a couple of stars i hoped for the best, dragged the kit out and set up. as soon as a 3rd star appeard i aligned and realised Arcturus was now on the other side of the sky and thought there would be a new bunch of targets to chase after!

and there was. i got to see about 4 globulars (smudges in the eyepeice) and managed to image one a few times. its was only 10 second exposures and then the laptop died on me - more leads needed - and this is an off-centre but clear one from the bunch.

7157_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

its a start and affirms that they are still out there :shocked:

im now quite optimistic for some decent images over the next few months and may even sniff out a galaxy or 2 before the year is out!

Steve

Hi Steve

Great start at the Fuzzies, I thought that your image had more to show so I had a tweak at it, I hope you dont mind.

Robin

thanks Robin,

out of interest what were the teaks as i had a play with levels and curves but your result is something else :shocked:

Steppenwolf- its certainly reassuring to finally see more than white dots and Saturn! hopefully everything will be ready for when the nights draw in post summer and i can get some real scope time and imaging done.

steve

7158_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Archived