Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 7635 Bubble Nebula

Roy Batty

After what seems ages I was determined to get out with the scope last night, after all for once the weather looked like it may play ball. Got setup finally around 11 PM, but there was still a fair amount of high cloud making any imaging a no no. Cloud started to finally clear at around midnight so I set it of getting 1min subs for NGC7635.

For about an hour or so in between hopping in and out of the house things seemed to be going ok despite the full moon rising ever higher to my east, but inevitably a large bank of "mackrel" cloud rolled in at around 1:30 am. So this is the result of about one hour in total, prime focus DSLR, unguided.

regards

RB

NGC7635 Bubble Nebula

7155_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Well you have to be applauded for your tenacity Roy, not letting the poor conditions deter you.

You will get more conducive opportunities at a later time. Nevertheless, your perseverence paid off despite the cloud problems. It has produced a decent image, whereas if you hadn't bothered, we would not be looking at it now, so well done for that mate.

Ron. :shocked:

Thanks for the kind words guys..

Thought the image looked a bit noisy colour wise - so I passed it through Noiseware to clean it up a tad, I think this version gives a "cleaner" background and looks better overall. Anyway fingers crossed as there just might be a few clear nights this week. :cheers:

cheers

RB

7204_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Archived