Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_christmas_presents_winners.thumb.jpg.0650e36a94861077374d1ab41812d185.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
wavydavy

NGC 1514 Bi-colour through the MN190.

Taken last night a bi-colour image of NGC 1514 Planetary nebula. 18 x 6 mins in h-alpha, and the same in OIII. Camera was a mono atik 314....taken through the skywatcher MN190.

NGC 1514 (7-9-16).jpg

• Like 6

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MeyGray3833
      Finally completed my SHO version. There is some purple in the image I cannot figure out how to get rid of and I'm sick of playing with it. Hints and tips on how to get rid of it welcome, I'm using PixInsight.

https://pbase.com/grahammeyer/image/169136922

Scroll to the bottom for size options and details.

Thanks for looking!

• By MeyGray3833
      Hello Astro Peeps, I hope everyone is all good! Isn't there some amazing images on this site and others. Amateur imaging has never been so good!
      I myself have finally managed to get some data for an image, of which I am very happy. It has been so hot here it has been impossible to get any good data. One day a couple of months ago, I hung the thermometer from the grape vine under the back verandah and it was 47.5°C. Sounds far fetched, although true. I live in Adelaide, South Australia and we are 11km from the CBD and usually 1.5 degrees hotter than there!
      Anyway, I thought I'd try my hand at a Ha, OIII bi-colour image while waiting for my SII data to come in. There seems to be a halo issue with some of the filters for which I will need to do further testing so I apologise for their distracting nature. Details are with the image but basically 3hrsx15min subs for each channel.
      https://pbase.com/grahammeyer/image/169113477
      You can scroll to the bottom to choose another size or auto to fit your screen.

Happy photon collecting! ?
      Details for those that cannot see them.
      Telescope: William Optics FLT132

Guide Scope: QHY OAG

Camera: QHY9 Mono @ -20c

Filter Wheel: QHY 7 position Ultra Slim

Filters: Baader 36mm unmounted L R G B HA OIII SII

Guide Camera: QHY5L-II

Mount: AZ-EQ6

Mount Control: EQASCOM

Focusing: SharpSky Pro and Sequence Generator Pro 3 (automated)

Bahtinov Mask: No (initial focus)

Capture Software: Sequence Generator Pro 3

Guiding Software: PHD2

Calibration and Stacking Software: PixInsight

Processing Software: PixInsight

Number and Type of Data Frames: L= X min, R= x min, G= x min, B= x min

Ha= 12x15min, SII= x , OIII= 12x15min.

Binning: 1x1

Total Image Time: 6 hrs

Light Box by Exfso

• By wimvb
      This will be my last image this season. The moon is all too bright atm, and astro darkness ends in a few days.
      This image was a real challenge, both in acquisition and in processing. I haven't completely tamed the MN190 yet, collimation is still a bit off. Visually it looks ok, but when I start imaging, I get star shapes that suggest that collimation is still way out. First I thought that it might be the addition of an oag to the imaging train that was the cause of it all, but I've now come to the conclusion that it actually is collimation.
      Anyways, the details:
      MN190 on AZ-EQ6 ZWO ASI174MM-Cool at -20 C with ZWO filters Guiding was a mixture of ST80 guidescope, OAG (the new ZWO version), and finder guider (9x50) with PHD2 L. 92 x 2 minutes, gain 20, collected April 15 under a 70 % moon R, G: 30 x 4 minutes each, collected March 31 and during two nights in April B: 22 x 4 minutes, collected March 31 and during one night in April Processed in PixInsight

Larger version is here:
      https://astrob.in/402098/0/
      If anyone wants to have a go at LRGB processing, here's the raw data. Only crop and DBE applied. Have fun!
      M63_R.tif
      M63_B.tif
      M63_G.tif
      M63_L.tif

• By eshy76
      Hi everyone!
      The Tadpole Nebula and the Flaming Star Nebula captured over three nights of the unexpected nice weather we had a couple of weeks ago.
      A number of firsts with this image:
      1. My first mosaic - keeping it simple with two panes!
      2. First time I left my imaging rig outside... (I used a telegizmo cover) and it was perfect, allowing me to get imaging very quickly on each night
      3. First time using powerful scripting tools in my capture software, APT, to move to the second pane and starting imaging automatically...worked really well!
      APP was used for pre-processing and stitching the mosaic together, while Pixinsight was used for image processing. A total of 10.9 hours integration time.
      Full details on Astrobin
      Thanks for looking!

• By Lucas_M
      A DSO image in planetary settings.
      This is the Eskimo planetary nebula. Small as they are, this one has less than 1arcmin.
      The image was taken with a C11 f10 and ASi224. No cut-off filter was used.
      The capture was made with Firecapture and 2s exposures. The final processing was in PI.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.