Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
MattJenko

Can't get focus with OAG

I decided to try using an OAG with my 10" newtonian and found that with the coma corrector in place, I can't get focus with the OAG when using an Atik 414ex and SX mini filter wheel. The OAG stalk is too long and won't quite reach focus. There is not much I can do in terms of moving it, as the adaptor from the CC to the FW then Atik is pretty much the 55mm, so there is nothing to play with there. I have tried an AA GPCAM and also a QHY 5ii, both are just short, ie I can't push them any close in to the OAG prism. 

Anyone have any bright ideas before I decide to slice bits of plastic off the OAG stalk itself?

Cheers

Matt

Edited by MattJenko

I'm for slicing. You first!!!

Oh, keep the end with the prism in it, not the other bit. :blob9:

Good luck!

Olly

Turns out it is not plastic but metal. A Dremel worked though and while not the most aesthetically pleasing of DIY, it now just about achieves focus with the QHY :)