Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC5146 Cocoon nebula

Tomasz

Hi!

My second session with QHY8L. Still learning of this camera...

Only 120mins because of connection problems with EQMOD but I'm pretty happy with the image :-)

-12x600s light
- darks
- flats
-biases

Tomek

IC5146FB.jpg

A lot of nice detail in the center.  Dust is just starting to resolve.  Its nice to see that none of the stars are saturated, despite a very saturated center.  I think that is an indication that the saturation level is spot on.  What scope did you use?

7 minutes ago, Rodd said:

A lot of nice detail in the center.  Dust is just starting to resolve.  Its nice to see that none of the stars are saturated, despite a very saturated center.  I think that is an indication that the saturation level is spot on.  What scope did you use?

Thank you Rodd :-) I'm using Sky Watcher Newtonian 150/750 scope with MPCC.

Hi Tomek.

Very nice picture! The details and colours in the center are beautiful.

I am wondering though what happened to your star colour (they seem pretty white)? I guess because of the exposure length it got 'blown' away? If its because of that (i have not imaged this target yet, so don't know if its that or processing) you could take a few short exposure shots, and just use those to replace the stars so you get back the smaller & colourful stars.

On the other hand, maybe they will distract from the target itsself, hard to say.

Kind regards, Graem

Archived