Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

03-09-16 Solar

Pig

I awoke to a beautiful sunrise this morning so out of bed I jumped and outside with the scope:icon_compress: There are quite a few nice proms around the limb, some with intricate lace type veins to them and some are very thick & solid..... The surface is also looking great with plenty of spots to zoom in on and a very nice filament too. The swirling plaged areas that surround the spots are great to look at and they also seem to enhance the granulation .... well worth a look this morning if you have clear skies. WTG Quark :icon_flower:

Just had the dual scope solar setup out to grab a gap in the clouds. The big AR in the southeast really steals the show. Lovely detail to be seen in it. In H-alpha, it is surrounded by a lacework of plage, and to its north there is a huge filament. Quite a few proms around to. One in the northwest is a farewell shot from one of the recent ARs that just turned the corner, I guess. In the southeast, there is another bright one raising it's head, suggesting another AR might be lurking there. No time to image, alas

Archived