Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Having a clear out to fund a feather touch microfocuser for my edge.

Baader diamond track SCT (lovely but a bit too heavy ) £180 2 months old , as new.-----Sold elsewhere ---------------------------

ZWO asi120MC £80--------------------------------------------Sold to charl, Many thanks.

William optics 2" extender £18 --------------------------Sold to Adrian, Many thanks .

FLO premium Cheshire £18-------------------------------Sold to Ultramol , Many thanks -----------

Postage £6 each item PayPal / cash meet up around M25 / 127 area.

IMAG3904_1-1_1.jpg

IMAG3926_1-1.jpg

IMAG3929_1-1.jpg

IMAG3939_1.jpg

Edited by knobby
ASI Sold, w.o. ext sold, diamond track sold
  • Like 1

Knobby - is the WO extender threaded for 2 inch filters?

15 minutes ago, daz said:

Ill Check tonight ...

1 hour ago, daz said:

I have a a WO 2" extender too, and it does have a thread on the end that goes into the focuser tube end.

2 hours ago, daz said:

Yep, its threaded.

Hi Knobby,

You say that you are selling all of this to fund a feather touch focuser for your EdgeHD 8"... Well, I am not interested in anything you are selling, but tomorrow I hope to take delivery of a motor focuser for my edge 8". This needs to be fixed to the stock focuser, so I will be removing the feather touch focuser currently on it. So, if the upgrade goes to plan, I will have a feather touch focuser up for sale. This won't be available straight away, but hopefully in the next couple of weeks. Would you be interested or have you already secured your new focuser?

Cheers,

Gav.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PhotoGav said:

Hi Knobby,

You say that you are selling all of this to fund a feather touch focuser for your EdgeHD 8"... Well, I am not interested in anything you are selling, but tomorrow I hope to take delivery of a motor focuser for my edge 8". This needs to be fixed to the stock focuser, so I will be removing the feather touch focuser currently on it. So, if the upgrade goes to plan, I will have a feather touch focuser up for sale. This won't be available straight away, but hopefully in the next couple of weeks. Would you be interested or have you already secured your new focuser?

Cheers,

Gav.

Sounds good !

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, knobby said:

Sounds good !

OK, I'll let you know how I get on with the upgrade and we can take it from there.

• Like 1

Hi Knobby,

If you still have the William optics 2" extender £18 I Am interested in relieving you of it!

Could I pay via bank transfer?

Cheers

Adrian

1 hour ago, Adrian Condon said:

Hi Knobby,

If you still have the William optics 2" extender £18 I Am interested in relieving you of it!

Cheers

Adrian

I'll find my bank details out today, never used bank transfer before 

1 hour ago, Adrian Condon said:

Hi Knobby,

Cheers

Adrian

Sorting via P.M.

Oops, sorry Daz, I've been dealing with this while sitting in traffic and wanted to reply to people quickly, just realised you showed an interest yesterday ...

No problem... 

I'll just make sure Condon's breakfast order goes missing at SGLXII

• Like 2

Hi Daz,

That breakfast is going to be very cold, as I will be at the Galloway Star Party (Scotland's Premier Party).

Thanks for thinking of me. Trust Tracey is in the best of health.

Cheers

Adrian

Thanks to all that bought !

just the Cheshire left ... surely someone needs to collimate before the clocks go back :happy7:

All sold now, thanks again ... Do mods archive now or am I supposed to do something ?

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By masjstovel
      Hi,
      I bought my first telescope, SW 150pds about 6 months ago with the purpose of astroimaging "when i feel ready".  So far ive used my Nikon D810 for that, and I'm now  planning on taking the step buying my first AP camera.
      My targets would be DSO's, and not planetary. I want a mono-camera, not color. 

I want to get away with a very good camera to a reasonable price (wouldn't we all...) and in this regard I've been drooling on the ZWO ASI 1600MM Mono for some time. The price for it is in the upper part of my budget, but I'm willing to if its worth it.  I've seen from other treads that sensor-size isn't everything, and dynamic range and gain and all is just as important, but i have trouble understanding it all 100% when it's all new to me, but in my experience i am a practical person who learns things much better and faster with the gear in my hand. So without getting to technical, and staying as objective as possible - please help me with; 

1. Is this a good camera to go for?
      2. It's sold with options of filters 1.25", 31mm or 36mm - Why these options, and what determines what i would choose?

3. Would you go for another camera in this price range, and why? - Or to rephrase it a bit; If you were in my shoes, which camera would you og for?

I'd appreciate any help:)

I might add, that i understand that with my lack of experience, buying a mono-camera with filters and all might seem premature, but for some strange reason. I enjoy these "way over my head"-projects and figuring  out things as time goes - I just need some guiding in the right direction. 
    • By Cosmic Geoff
      On 25th March I tried some live stacking with Sharpcap and a 102mm f5 Startravel achromat & ASI120MC camera.
      Mount was Celestron SLT on custom tripod.  Image size: 1280x960.
      With this setup it is possible to dial in an object to the GoTo and be confident that it will appear on the laptop screen.
      These images may not look too exciting but they do mimic the FOV and general appearance as seen in a 203mm SCT with 25mm EP. Check the image for M87. When I checked the field in Stellarium I found that two faint non-star smudges matched with NGC4478 and NGC4476, which are 11th and 12th mag galaxies.  I am gob-smacked that I managed to image these with such modest equipment from an urban site.   There is no way I would be able to see these visually even with a C8 from here.

• By Cosmic Geoff
      Here is an image of Jupiter, taken around 6am on 15 Feb with my C8, ASI120MC, +ADC, processed in Registax6 from around 30% of 3000 frames.
      I am fairly pleased with it considering that the altitude of the planet was only about 12 deg. and the seeing looked bad when I tried to focus on a star.  And it shows the Great Red Spot.

• By Cosmic Geoff
      I had another go at imaging the shrinking Mars, this time without and with a x2 Barlow lens.  The results are better with the Barlow, which is what one is led to expect.   For whatever reason (probably bad seeing and/or low planets) when I tried a Barlow previously it just made the blur bigger.  Equipment: C8 SE, ASI120MC, x2 Skywatcher kit Barlow element screwed directly into 1.25" barrel of the ZWO camera.   This does seem to give x2 in practice.  I did not use an ADC on the grounds that I shouldn't need one with Mars at an altitude of over 40 degrees.
      3000 image video captured with Sharpcap. Processed in Registax6.  I found that the Sharpcap exposure histogram did not appear to work on such a small image, so had to estimate the exposure.   Yes, optical ADC correction would be better, but the dispersion seemed very small.  Blowing up the image x2 in Registax showed a small colour fringe, which I took out with a single point of correction.
      The images show some surface detail though the contrast is low (if you are using a flatscreen try viewing from below: ?)  Mare Sirenum, with Mare Acidalium just discernible foreshortened at upper right. 

• By Cosmic Geoff
      Here is an image of Mars I made on 9 Jan this year, with a C8 SE, and ASI120MC camera.  The images are rather small (around 7" dia).  Mars is now much higher in the sky than at opposition, so it seemed worth taking a few farewell images as it diminishes in size. Captured with Sharpcap.
      I did not use the ADC - the images are corrected for AD in the processing in Registax.  This is from a run of 3000 images.  I have included a x3 Photoshop zoom of the same image to indicate the size of Mars at opposition on the same scale.  I was quite pleased to record some surface detail, corresponding with the position of Syrtis Major.  If I'd had more time, I could have tried some images using a Barlow lens. I have just discovered that I can unscrew the lens section from a Skywatcher x2 Barlow and screw it onto the 1.25" nosepiece of the ASI120MC, which will give a more modest zoom (I think).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.