Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2 inches filter into 1.25 ~ 2 inches adaptor

N3ptune

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@jetstream

Thanks for sharing the picture of the various adaptor.

I see the adaptor to the right from your last picture, is it the same one has the previous picture with the Luminos EP ? but with some kind of 1.25 extension?  (Theoretically I could unscrew this 1.25 extension and put a 2 inches filter there instead?)

The Baader extension is quite expensive, almost 80$ with taxes and shipping, it's affecting my motivation...

Awo ok I get it,

Yeah truly it's a nice piece of equipment. The previous link I had was the top part only, T2-15. I would take only the top part really, I don't see the benefit of buying the entire assembly.

http://agenaastro.com/baader-2-to-1-25-deluxe-reducer-eyepiece-adapter-t215.html#

mXEtp9y.gif

I have to decide if I want to spend 350$ on that filter project, not knowing if I will be able to focus all my 1.25 inches EP. :p

12 minutes ago, N3ptune said:

Awo ok I get it,

Yeah truly it's a nice piece of equipment. The previous link I had was the top part only, T2-15. I would take only the top part really, I don't see the benefit of buying the entire assembly.

http://agenaastro.com/baader-2-to-1-25-deluxe-reducer-eyepiece-adapter-t215.html#

mXEtp9y.gif

I have to decide if I want to spend 350$ on that filter project.

I refer you to the last sentence in your signature :wink:

23 minutes ago, N3ptune said:

LOL :p  

Put the project on hold again seems to be the very best solution.

I agree ithat t's right strategy to take a step back in step to pounder over choices than rush into one.

Here's what I see the pro and cons of Baader VIP barlow:

Pros:

1. excellent barlow, it sharpens on axis view of good eyepieces like Leica zoom and docter 12.5

2. very modulous: you can get 1.5x, 1.75x and 2x with easy, and you can do the combinations in many different ways, an adult legoland, i.e.

3. You get a component that you can use as extension for focuser or filter (the top part #T5-15)

4. You get a connecting part (#29) for mount a T2 part o n diagonal's nosepiece (a GPC for binoviewer e.g).

Cons:

1. Cost

2. Balky, bigger than many simpler 2x barlows.

So, take your time, and think it over throughly.:smiley:

Archived