Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Binocular Sky Newsletter, September 2016

Binoculars are often recommended as an ideal beginners instrument, but they are so much more than that! For this reason, and to help you (Northern Hemisphere centred, I'm afraid) get the best out of your binoculars, I produce the Binocular Sky Newsletter; the latest edition is ready.

The nights are getting longer so, as well as the usual overview of DSOs, variable and double stars, this month we have:

* More lunar occultations as the nights lengthen
* The binocular planets (Uranus and Neptune) and Ceres & Vesta are now available
* A mini-review of the (rather nice!) Lunt Magnesium 10x50 binocular

I hope you find it useful.

To grab your (free!) copy, or to subscribe, log on to http://binocularsky.com and click on the Newsletter tab

Thanks for the mini review for the Lunt 10x50! I'm looking for the 7x ED version which should be equal if not better.

The up coming ED version should not have any visible color aberration, but they are 20% more expensive.

To my surprise the UK warranty is 3 years longer then a similar APM-brand version, but understand neither Lunt or APM can not repair any of these gas filled binoculars, they send it to China, with very long turnaround.

If you have a faulty binocular after the warranty period, you better buy a new one.

Many other brand of binoculars have Lifetime warranty, 2 years for APM is just preposterous.

Garret van der Veen

Archived