SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Veil Ha OIII RGB DSLR

Adam J

So its been a month long project...for only three nights of images. But last night got 7 x 20min frames with the OIII filter. So for the last time this year (baring the inevitable revision) here is the witches broom. 16 x 180s CLS filter (RGB), 8 x 1200s H-alpha 7nm Baader 2" filter (Red), 7 x 20min OIII 8.5nm Baader 2" (Blue). 130PDS, HEQ5 Pro, QHY5L-II and 50mm finder guider, Baader MPCC MKIII Coma corrector, Canon 1000D Cooled to -3c. Lots of hard work and staying up till 4am but I am really happy with it and think it was worth the effort. My first narrow band image completed, not bad for a DSLR :)

Compression makes it look blurred unless you click on it :(

P.s I know it is not to many peoples taste but I like my stars and spikes lol

Veil-Combined-RGB-HA-OIII-V.jpg

I designed and made a cool box. :) I am going to post about the build on here eventually. 
Essentially its a custom fitted miniature fridge designed to hold the camera. I get 24c below ambient with it. So in 22c ambient I get between -1c to -3c. Its a massive reduction in thermal noise. Here is a sneak peak. I also did a re-process of the image its a little more natural this way...less neon.

DSC04794.JPG

Veil-RGB-HA-OIII-Latestv2.jpg

Archived