Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Had a bit of luck today

tom.yates

Gaz got the head off a guy in stoke called Mike really nice guy, i offered him £80 but he said £60 would be ok as one of the motors where a bit dodgy, then got the complete set of motors off astrobuysell, and the tripod from Orion optics the last one he had

Thanks James may take you up on that ,Gaz tube assem mate, Caz not really when i collected the mount i tripped and my hands went straight in to a load of dog sh.. but to my amazment when i stood up i found i had a fist full of gold rings

Thanks James, intend setting both eq6 mounts up along with the 12" SCT ,5"APO In the observatory i intend building in the next month or so.

Care to share your planes for the observatory, Im thinking about doing the same .

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Well peeps ,just to keep you up to date the EQ6 Is up and running there was nothing wrong with the motors or gears they just needed re alighning once i had done that i set the 12" up on the mount and it tracked like a good un have also bought the wood for the observatory 10 x 8 as a shed ready made was about £500 so just bought the wood off my daughters boyfreinds dad he just happens to own a wood yard so got it at cost. Will keep you imformed re the building and let anybody whose thinking of building there own the + and - s.

Tom.

Well peeps ,just to keep you up to date the EQ6 Is up and running there was nothing wrong with the motors or gears they just needed re alighning once i had done that i set the 12" up on the mount and it tracked like a good un have also bought the wood for the observatory 10 x 8 as a shed ready made was about £500 so just bought the wood off my daughters boyfreinds dad he just happens to own a wood yard so got it at cost. Will keep you imformed re the building and let anybody whose thinking of building there own the + and - s.

Tom.

Its good that you can Shed some light on the projects now mate

Archived