Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

si_

Saturn, Tenerife August 2016

Sick of the clouds in the UK, I managed to get my 200p newt, HEQ5 mount and tripod into hold luggage with Jet2 and out to Tenerife on our summer holiday.  My observing spot wasn't the best as it looked across roofs that had been heated by the sun all day but despite the less than perfect viewing conditions, I managed to get my best image of Saturn to date. Well worth transporting all that gear! I've since established a very good location high in the mountains where the air is cooler and much clearer so I'm looking forward to my next trip very much! Camera used was the ASI224MC with Powermate 2.5x and a 2x X-cel barlow. 3 AVIs stacked and combined in Winjupos.

Saturn August 2016 (1 of 1).jpg

• Like 17

That's some serious kit to stick on a plane, nice effort. I think I'd soon be single if I took my 200p and mount on holiday!

• Like 1

The images ive been looking at of saturn are amazing, can these be achieved with the scope we have, celestron 8se and the camera we have is a neximage 5

Of to Tenerife for 7. Weeks at Christmas taking  my st 80 with me plus my celeston 25 x80 binos with tripod I've paid. For extra luggage  one  way hope to see crux