Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

daz

Kelling Autumn Equinox - 2016

Well that's me not coming site says fully booked for that weekend tried to book Thursday to Tuesday.

I only booked for April. a couple of days ago and there were definitely about 5 pitches left then.  Some were a bit close to the trees - so restricted view, but there were a few left that were OK.  It's best to ring as the fields are reserved for astronomers and therefore any-one trying to book through the website might find it appears to be booked out.

September is another kettle of fish as that is hugely popular and normally booked out about a year in advance.  Pitches sometimes come up on UKABS. 

Carole 

• Like 1

On 4 September 2016 at 23:56, michaelmorris said:

Hi Ray

I'll definitely try to get down to see you as I'm hoping to get an EQ8 in the next few months.

Yes it will be great to meet up again Michael, looking forward to it.

Ray

I'll be arriving today.
We're on Yellow 175, so pop in for a cuppa or a beer.

Cheers!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 25585
      With my eye on an Equinox 120 ED, I am wondering if it's focuser can take an Astro Physics diagonal + ES 40mm Maxview total close to 2kg if not more - sort of challenge for any focuser bar imaging kit. 
      The Featherlite is almost half the price of scope again!

• By breckland_astro
      If any of you are interested in a star party in East Suffolk, we have been hosting a Star Party every March and October at Hinton, near Saxmundham, Suffolk at a newly developed Caravan and campsite, Haw Wood Farm, for the last 5 years. It is £12 per pitch per night with electricity hook up (adapter needed) call Dan or Georgina (see link below). Some of you here may know about it; on good nights we have had a SQM reading of 21.75 - it can get dark enough to see the Zodiacal Light! Many local society members meet up: Norwich, Castle Point, North Essex, OASI (Orwell), DASH (local) and Breckland among others and it is generally friendly and welcoming (if we can see you in the dark!). Saturday 14th we run an event: a skytour or talks in the cafe, dependent on weather. Unfortunately, timing clashes with the SGL star party but we're a long way from it.
      See link for details: http://www.hawwoodfarm.co.uk/things-to-do/events-hawwood/
    • By MarsG76
      Hi All,
      After imaging Venus last evening, when it became visible it was already low in the west less than 30 minutes from it setting behind the mountains.
      Being so low in the west and the amount of turbulence/heat shimmer I was fighting when imaging, I think that I might not image Venus this season again, so I'm sharing my collection of Venus phases I captured between 1st December 2016 and 20th February 2017.
      Thanks for looking,
      Mariusz

• By orion25
      November 14, 2016, the closest moon approach since 1948! A scant 221,524 miles away, the moon won't be nearly this close again until November 25, 2034. Smoke from North Georgia wildfires casts a thin veil over the night sky, but not enough to blot out the SUPERMOON!
      Cheers and high tides!
      Reggie

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.