Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Kelling Autumn Equinox - 2016

daz

Although not organised by SGL, it's usual for us to have a thread for SGLers attending - so you can easily find each other and say 'hi'!

So, I'll be on Red 354 Mon-Thur and then I think Blue 267 Fri and Sat (yes, that *will* be a pain!!)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm at Kelling Heath from Wednesday to Sunday. I can't remember the exact pitch number, but it's somewhere between 166 and 169 on the new area behind the loos on the Yellow field.  I'll be in an old Eldiss Autoquest 200 motorhome with a green inflatable awning.

Please feel free to pop in for a cup of tea.

All being well, we will be there from Sunday to Sunday on yellow 164 this year.

Looking forward to seeing old friends, and making new ones too. :)

(Oh and we should have the 16" Lightbridge with us as well as LS60 solar scope, and maybe a small imaging rig and some big bins).

I'll be there Monday to Monday with Paul C, in the red field. Think it's 365 or something. I will have my OMC 140 and Sky Watcher SA and Ioptron MT2. Plus other stuff. Say hello. 

We'll be there Saturday (weekend before) to Wednesday week. t149 in yellow. I'll be trying to polar align with my new Polemaster, so any help would be appreciated! Maybe I'll get to image this time!

Anne

Will be there friday to monday (main weekend) in the Blue area cant remember number now but its close to the toilet block and road.

Will post number when i find it.

Would real apprieciate some help/ demonstration on properly polar aligning my scope please.

Have always rough set up mount to polaris,

my mount is a celestron advanced CG5 and it does have a polar scope fitted to it.

Many thanks in advance.

Chris

19 hours ago, brantuk said:

All being well, we will be there from Sunday to Sunday on yellow 164 this year.

Looking forward to seeing old friends, and making new ones too. :)

(Oh and we should have the 16" Lightbridge with us as well as LS60 solar scope, and maybe a small imaging rig and some big bins).

Nice will pop by sat and say hi.

Hopefully sun will be out for a nice solar view

I am hoping to be there from the Thursday. I am with the North Essex Astro Society in the Blue field down the bottom corner, next to the edge of the Red field. You will have to look hard to find my scope though, a TS60ED on a StarAdventurer. If it fits in the car though, I shall give my Mewlon 180 an outing.

Im on Blue 204, from the 28th...i will be taking my EQ8 and tak 106, anyone wanting to talk about the EQ8 performance after the Video i posted is welcome to chat about it and of course any other topic over a brew..

as an aside, my friends plot next to me may be available for loan they will not be attending this year (to press at least) anyone interested in using it please PM me and we can discuss... 

Ray 

On 30/08/2016 at 17:35, Anne S said:

We'll be there Saturday (weekend before) to Wednesday week. t149 in yellow. I'll be trying to polar align with my new Polemaster, so any help would be appreciated! Maybe I'll get to image this time!

Anne

Anne - it's a doddle but happy to wander over and assist.

?

On 31 August 2016 at 12:36, libraryman said:

Im on Blue 204, from the 28th...i will be taking my EQ8 and tak 106, anyone wanting to talk about the EQ8 performance after the Video i posted is welcome to chat about it and of course any other topic over a brew..

as an aside, my friends plot next to me may be available for loan they will not be attending this year (to press at least) anyone interested in using it please PM me and we can discuss...

Ray

Hi Ray

I'll definitely try to get down to see you as I'm hoping to get an EQ8 in the next few months.

On 29 August 2016 at 18:24, michaelmorris said:

I'm at Kelling Heath from Wednesday to Sunday. I can't remember the exact pitch number, but it's somewhere between 166 and 169 on the new area behind the loos on the Yellow field.  I'll be in an old Eldiss Autoquest 200 motorhome with a green inflatable awning.

Please feel free to pop in for a cup of tea.

Mrs M is now joining me :happy5:

As I understand you need to phone for bookings as I have never been to Kelling before, I`m going to SGL12 at the end of October but would quite like to book for spring 2017 meet could someone tell me the cost for 3/ nights please or can I find this out from Kelling website thanks.

On 11/09/2016 at 16:17, wookie1965 said:

Well that's me not coming site says fully booked for that weekend tried to book Thursday to Tuesday.

If you haven't phoned Kelling reception it would be worth it. Their websiite always shows fully booked for the star party weekends to prevent non astronomers from booking the pitches.

Archived