Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M27 widefield narrowband Ha(L) Ha/OIII/H-beta

RobH

Hello all,

Here's a bit of a departure from my usual close up shots with the big 14"....M27 in widefield narrowband.

Not much data here as I grabbed the OIII and H-beta subs at the last minute before leaving for 6 weeks away working and really wanted to get some colour into this, but it's pretty bright so I just about got away with it I reckon :lol:

Ha was used for red, OIII for green and H-beta for blue.

The outer envelope is starting to show in OIII if you look closely so I may go back to this and try and get more data if the skies allow in a few weeks :shocked:

Scope was a WO ZS80FD with a celestron 0.63FR.

Camera, Atik 16 HR.

Astronomik filters.

Ha was used for luminance.

18 x 4 minute Ha

4 x 4 minute OIII and H-beta binned 2x2.

Imaged late June/early July.

Cheers

Rob

THe shot certainly shows the strong OIII emission of this object Rob. Excellent image, as you say, a departure from your norm, but spot on all the same technically and aesthetically pleasing too.

Steve..

Cheers Paul.

It absolutely requires more subs in OIII and H beta.....I like to get at least an hours worth normally but you've got to take what you can get!!!

Rob

Archived