SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

How to power a Powertech usb hub

Astronut1982

Hi,

I recently bought one of these for my imaging kit:-https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003AVPUZG/ref=twister_B01DUJOZLC?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I want to use external power to run it but am unsure which cable I need but would like to power it via a 12v cigarette lighter socket if possible. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction so I get the correct power cable for it.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Cheers,

Jeff

Hi Jeff, I use these Startech hubs on both my imaging rigs, and good they are too. The power connector for the hub is a screw down type, that needs bare ends, so all you need is a cigarette plug to bare ends.

inside the hub there is a jumper to chose between power from the bus or external power.

Hope this helps

Huw

Hi Jeff 

You don't need a 15A 300v cable, just any bog standard cigarette plug with bare ends. This will operate between 7-24Volts and will not use anywhere near 15A more like 1A maybe less

Archived