Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

While the cat is away, the solar imager will play - 27/8/16

DrRobin

Hi,

The missus has gone to Kefalonia for a week with her sister and you would have thought that it is bliss.  Solar imaging all day long, curry take aways, beer cans littering the living room and my feet up on the coffee table.  Sadly it just isn't working out that way, from getting up to going to bed, it is one long list of jobs to do, mostly taking the dog for a walk and going to work.  However, it was quite sunny this morning (and it was warm) so 40 minutes was taking out of the schedule and I solar imaged, carefully timed to avoid the cloud coming up from the south.

Ha, 12 pane mosaic, Zenithstar 80mm, Quark, 0.5x FR, ASI174mm

Sun-27-8-16-pano-c.jpg

Proms

AS_p15_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-Ha_270816_093513_prom.jpg

CaK, Zenithstar 80mm, Lunt CaK module, ASI174mm

AS_p15_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-Kline_270816_091222_c.jpg

As above but with a Televue 3x barlow

AS_p15_Multi_Drizzle15_Sun-Kline_270816_091748_c.jpg

As I post the sky is dark and threatening, I have been watching the thunderstorms most of the day around the rest of the UK and it looks like our turn now.

Robin

Great set. Love the processing and colour of the first one in particular.  (Kefalonia: good choice. My favourite island). I just showed the wife your post and she laughed. I don't know why, as she leaves me with a list every day, helpfully divided into light, medium and heavy duties...

Iain 

That 40 minutes you took out of your schedule was time extremely well spent Robin!!  Excellent images, slobbered over the Ca-K as usual.  In the nicest possible way, I think your wife should go away more often so you can treat the rest of us to more mages like these.  :biggrin:

Thanks guys.

It's chucking it down here this morning, Kefalonia is wasted on the missus, as a minimum she could have taken a solar scope.  Better that she stops at home next year and I go instead.

Still on a positive note the empty beer cans are starting to gather and there is a pizza box lurking with intent to clutter the kitchen.  That gives me an idea, if I photo a pizza against a black background, slightly out of focus it might look a bit like the sun in Ha?

Robin

12 hours ago, DrRobin said:

The missus has gone to Kefalonia for a week with her sister and you would have thought that it is bliss.  Solar imaging all day long, curry take aways, beer cans littering the living room and my feet up on the coffee table.  Sadly it just isn't working out that way, from getting up to going to bed, it is one long list of jobs to do, mostly taking the dog for a walk and going to work.  

I'm reminded of a daft episode of The Good Life where Margot has gone out and Jerry is seen in the sitting room with a take-away dish of curry deliberately wafting the smell around the room.  All goes pear-shaped when Tom appears from behind the sofa (I never did get what he was doing hiding behind the furniture in someone else's house?)

Great pictures, love your Ha mosaic. 

Did the dog get her walk?

Archived