Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Planets in the evening 26.08.2016

Finally got a decent view of Venus and Jupiter last night. Yesterday evening was a beautiful end to the day in "darkish" Bedfordshire.

Nothing complicated about the images, just the Canon 450 on a tripod.

Venus was a fairly easy spot around 8:15 around 5 degrees above the horizon and 20 degrees to the left of where the sun had set. This was taken later once Venus and Jupiter had cleared the cloud bank above. 

2016.08.26 Venus & Jupiter.jpg

This would have been a straight forward capture if it wasn't for the incredible amount of air traffic, one of my images had 7 aircraft in the field of view! I could hear and see an owl flying around the harvested field in front of me, I was hoping it might perch on one of those branches :icon_biggrin:

2016.08.26 Saturn,Mars & Antares.jpg

It was a great night to be out with so many classic sights, that photos really can not do justice to. There was a combine still working away when I left at 10:30, the dust that was slowly drifting though dips in the hills did look very atmospheric.

Archived