Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Avdhoeven

Sadr region - deepfield H-alpha

This image shows my latest imaging work that I made in the last week. This is a mosaic of three images taken with my TMB92 / QSI583ws combination.  It shows the region of the star Sadr in the constellation of Cygnus in narrowband H-alpha.

The image was originally planned as a single pane image, but when I saw that the surroundings were so nice I decided to extend the field of view. 

It makes me think a bit of the famous Hubble image of the Carina Nebula. In variation this region in Cygnus is almost just as interesting...

The image is a H-alpha narrowband image taken with a 5nm astrodon H-alpha filter.

Telescope: TMB92SS
Camera: QSI583ws
Mount: Skywatcher NEQ6 with OAG

Exposures:

56x900s (14 hours)

28604218003_f566b44c94_c.jpg
Gamma Cygni nebula - Sadr region by Andre van der Hoeven, on Flickr

• Like 12

Very nice work

this area is full of nebula I did a 30 panel mosaic a couple years back and it was completely full of nebula 

les 

Wow!!!.  Amazing.  Now that's clarity.  It would look great with color too.  I love the concept of mosaics, but I haven't done one yet.  Thinking of one currently, but...we'll see.  This is a really nice one.  Maybe teh most detailed image I've seen.