Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL 12 Astroboot / Bring and Buy

Ant

On 9/20/2016 at 20:35, Sirius Starwatcher said:

I'm bringing a pair of well used ear defenders khaki green. No cotton covers for them hence the knock down price of £500.81p

Might have been interested but the 81p is too much for my budget :happy7:

• Like 1

I need to de litter. So I'll be bringing a big box of bits and pieces.

Incomplete tripods, Self centring adapters etc. All as cheap as chips. Have a browse.

My study is looking like a ransacked Astro Boot storeroom. I'm told by local government that this is unacceptable. Please help.

Paul

• Like 1

On 23 September 2016 at 20:26, Paul73 said:

Incomplete tripods, Self centring adapters etc. All as cheap as chips. Have a browse.

My study is looking like a ransacked Astro Boot storeroom. I'm told by local government that this is unacceptable. Please help.

Paul

Bet the 16" Dob is not in the big box when I look through it.!

• Like 1

On 23/09/2016 at 20:26, Paul73 said:

Paul

May have the self centering adapter is it 2in to 1.25 and how much please. 

Adding to my list a baader MkIII laser colimator (£40), a single 1.25" par focal ring (£4) and an Orion steadypix pro smartphone adaptor (1.25") This allows you to add a smartphone onto a eyepiece to take simple pictures of planets and other bright objects. (£35) It is used once. I used it on a tracking scope and did a mini video of the moon and stacked it, the results were very pleasing as can be seen from the attached. 

Link to it here. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Orion-SteadyPix-Universal-Camera-Smartphone/dp/B00I9RHNNI

TINP8475[1]_pipp.jpg

Edited by bomberbaz

On 9/29/2016 at 05:49, Joe12345 said:

Could I see a photo of the parfocal ring? I'm thinking about putting one on my powermate.

only just seen this Joe, will do tomorrow. 

However I may have to charge you extended carraige charges if you went ahead, i have to cover my overheads you see. :laugh2:

Edited by bomberbaz

On 9/29/2016 at 05:49, Joe12345 said:

Could I see a photo of the parfocal ring? I'm thinking about putting one on my powermate.

Here you go Joe.  Its the two grub screw variety. Well made with no sharp edges.

image.jpeg

Edited by bomberbaz
  • Like 1

I will have my Celestron  CG-5 Pro GT for sale. It will on view outside my Pod,  which is situated next to the Playground. It has the Losmandy  modified saddle,  and comes with a Losmandy / Vixen mounting plate  I also added the Celestron Polar Scope.               Included in the package,  will be Maplin 10 Amp 13.8 Volt PSU. 

I will add my asking price,  once I work out a reasonable Figure for all above. 

SOLD   Subject to payment at SGL 12

51 minutes ago, barkis said:

I will have my Celestron  CG-5 Pro GT for sale. It will on view outside my Pod,  which is situated next to the Playground. It has the Losmandy  modified saddle,  and comes with a Losmandy / Vixen mounting plate  I also added the Celestron Polar Scope.               Included in the package,  will be Maplin 10 Amp 13.8 Volt PSU. 

I will add my asking price,  once I work out a reasonable Figure for all above. 

Hello. If you don't have any luck selling this mount, would you consider a postal sale. I've been looking for a cg5 GT for a while. 

52 minutes ago, barkis said:

On 05/10/2016 at 12:13, Starlord19 said:

Hello. If you don't have any luck selling this mount, would you consider a postal sale. I've been looking for a cg5 GT for a while. 

The thing is,  if you are not going to Lucksall,  then that would mean postal costs to you,  if you intend to be at the Star Party,  then assuming you agree to the price I ask for,  you will have first dibs.  I am not keen on posting the mount,  it is very heavy with the counterweight in the parcel. 

Any sale must be in money, that is why anyone selling,  get prior notice of the selling prices,  that way,  they know how much they gave take with them to Lucksall 

Ron.                                                  

( Barkis) 

SOLD.

On 05/10/2016 at 12:55, Starlord19 said:
On 05/10/2016 at 11:19, barkis said:

OK, thanks for this. I've just had a look and Lucksall is not a million miles away from me. So I could always pop down during the day I suppose. 

SOLD, Subject to payment at Lucksall.

On 05/10/2016 at 13:09, barkis said:

That's  fine,  of course you will be aware of the price in good time for you to make a final decision.     I will post a picture of the complete setup when I get home.  I'm not able to provide the Pics.  at present. The mount is largely unused,  and it was purchased from First Light Optics.  It still has the Manual.  The Hand Controller was update with data,  and a firmware update some while back,  I'm not sure if there have been any further updates since that time.   It can easily be determined if there are though.   The mount itself has had little use,  as I have a pier mounted EQ6,  Pro.  In an Observatory.    Keep looking here for an update as regards images.  Probably be around Saturday next. 

MY  PRICE HAS BEEN ACCEPTED, SO THE MOUNT IS NOW SOLD, SUBJECT TO PAYMENT AT LUCKSALL.

I will have my Zotac Zbox ID82 Plus mini-PC which until recently ran my observatory. I have now switched to a desktop as I specifically needed a serial port.... but I also used this in the field at pretty much all the SGL/Kelling parties...

It has:

• Dual Core i3-220ghz CPU
  • 8GB RAM (will take up to 16)
  • 300GB Western Digital HDD (can be swapped out for larger capacity)
  • 2 x USB 3 
  • 4 x USB 2 (supports USB Charging in S1, S3, S4 or S5 via top or front 'yellow' USB ports)
  • Gigabit LAN
  • Wifi (802.11n)
  • Bluetooth v3.0
  • 8 Channel Digital Audio
  • Stereo Analog Audio
  • HDMI & DVI Output
  • MMC/SDHC/XD/SD Card Reader

It comes with a 19" monitor, DVI Cable, Zotac power cable, monitor power cable, mouse, keyboard, original driver discs and manuals and I will include one of FLOs Red Screen filters. It does not have the original remote control and I don't have a big enough bag to carry it all in (but it will be safely transported to the SP).

The PC is mounted on the rear of the monitor with a VESA mounting plate. The dimensions of the PC itself are 188mm x 188mm x 44mm - it's small enough to be mounted close to the tripod/mount if you so wished.

It has a clean, fully patched but inactivated Windows 64-bit installation - you will need your licence key!

There is no other software installed, but I will happily pre-load with ASCOM, EQMOD, star catalogues, Stellarium or CdC, DSS - or any other of the popular free astro software.

Pics to be uploaded later...

I will be in the Pavillion POD (on the non-electric field) but I'll be about Fri-Mon - or I can bring over to your pitch...

I think discussions around the £175 mark would be sensible

Also, I have a collection of various adapters (mostly T2 I think) that I seem to have acquired - most of which I have no idea what they are for!! I'll take some pics and add some (hopefully) meaningful descriptions - see if anyone wants to swap for a couple of them gold-coloured coins!

OK, I'll probably regret selling this lot but I need a clear-out

ADM Dual Losmandy bar £90

Dual Vixen 11" bar £60

Hotech SCA FF £70 (Will try to find the instructions, but the spacing is 55mm).

IDAS P2 LP filter, 2" £80

Baader UHC 2" £30

Astronomik CLS 2" £80 (Better than the IDAS if you have HP sodium LP)

Baader NB Ha, SII, OIII, £50 each or £100 the set (Buy the Ha and SII, and I'll chuck in the OIII which may halo)

Celestron Ultima Barlow 2x £20

I've set these as near as I can to half FLO list, hope that's not too much. Everything that came in a box will be in its box.